NFPA-68-2013: Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting
NFPA 68 includes the new best practices for Industrial fire protection and fire safety.
Updated based on technology changes, fire experience, and the latest fire safety practices, NFPA 68 Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting applies to the design, location, installation, maintenance, and use of devices and systems that vent the combustion gases and pressures resulting from a deflagration within an enclosure so that structural and mechanical damage is minimized.
The Standard includes a performance-based option, including self-contained chapters supporting the performance-based aspect.
Important changes in the 2013 edition include:
- Updated requirements for pressure vent manifolds
- Updated method and equations for venting of gas mixtures
- Added equations for venting of enclosures with initial pressures below atmospheric
- A new section on bucket elevators
- A new annex chapter on estimating fundamental burning velocities
Base your industrial fire protection strategies on the latest edition of NFPA 68. (Softbound, 80 pp., 2013)