NFPA-13(13) Installation of Sprinkler Systems, Code (NFPA 13)
Engineer the best fire defense for any occupancy with the 2013 NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems advances how sprinkler system designers, installers, maintainers, and AHJs can safeguard people and property against fire. Revised to reflect the challenges of fire protection in today's built environment, the 2013 edition of NFPA 13 presents the latest requirements for automatic sprinkler system design, installation, and acceptance testing; hanging and bracing systems; underground piping; and seismic protection.
Update to the 2013 NFPA 13 for more design options and greater usability:
- Modified Chapter 16 and Chapter 17 combine in-rack and ceiling sprinkler requirements in the same section to streamline referencing and help you maximize your time.
- New Chapter 21 on alternative storage approaches facilitates use of performance-based design -- especially for sprinkler systems designed around a specific commodity or storage arrangement.
- New requirements concerning nonmetallic piping help contractors, owners, and manufacturers recognize and address material compatibility issues, before oversights occur.
- New provisions allowing the backflow preventer to serve as a system control valve
- Updated requirements for elevators
- The latest coverage on antifreeze, heat tracing and heat loss calculations
You're not up-to-code without it!
Keep pace with dynamic advancements and ensure automatic sprinkler systems are designed and installed correctly with the new benchmark for design and installation of automatic fire sprinkler systems to prevent fire deaths and property loss. (Softbound, 443 pp., 2013)