IP-32156 Engineering Formulas for Metalcutting (CD-ROM in PDF)
Engineering Formulas for Metalcutting - CD-ROM edition
This is the CD-ROM only edition of this popular book. A unique and handy resource, fully searchable, with interactive table of contents and index, in Adobe's popular portable document format (PDF).
Engineering Formulas for Metalcutting will enable users to calculate necessary speeds, feeds, and required machining power in order to maximize the productivity of cutting. Providing information on formulas and their applications in a concise and clearly arranged format, it describes mechanical properties of the most popular work materials, such as steels, cast irons, and nonferrous alloys. And it offers numerous formulas for calculating speeds, feeds, cutting forces, and machining power. What's more, practical examples of calculating the variety of such cutting parameters will make this a valuable source of knowledge in training and practice.
- Linear regression equations for converting Rockwell, Vickers, Knoop, and Scleroscope hardness numbers into Brinell hardness numbers.
- Formulas and linear regression equations for calculating ultimate tensile strength of the most commonly used work materials in relationship with their hardness.
- Formulas for calculating the number of inserts simultaneously engaged with the workpiece depending on milling conditions.
- Formulas to calculate machining time when facing, cutoff, and deep grooving and for feed and radial forces in relationship with tangential force.
- Set of formulas to calculate overhang of boring bars made of tungsten heavy alloys and cemented carbides in comparison with a boring bar made of steel.
- Formulas for metal removal rate and for calculating tangential and axial forces.
- Establishes power constant values for most commonly used work materials.
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (click here to download the free Adobe Reader). The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, the CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader.
Published: June, 2005