IP-32095 Basic Machining Reference Handbook, Second Edition (CD-ROM in PDF)
Basic Machining Reference Handbook, Second Edition (CD-ROM in PDF)
This is the CD-ROM only edition of this popular book, and contains the entire contents of the book in Adobe PDF format.
As a comprehensive and easy-to-use hands-on source, Basic Machining Reference Handbook, Second Edition is intended to serve as a memory jog for the experienced machinist as well as a reference for programmers and others who will not do the machining but do need to know exactly what's involved in performing a given machining step, a series of steps, or a complete job.
Remaining true to its original approach, the new second edition continues to present the principles of basic machining, while summarizing the major considerations involved. Logically organized, this time-tested reference starts with those machining steps that most often begin the machining process and moves through the basic machining operations. It is a must-have resource for experienced machinists; programmers; tooling, design and production engineers; and students.
- Includes expanded chapters on numerical control and computerized operations.
- Contains additional speeds and feeds tables, general troubleshooting concepts, and a basic review of relevant computer terms and applications.
- Emphasizes the hands-on concept of developing and refining skills, along with knowledge of metals and machining processes by means of application.
- Offers tips on checking material hardness, ensuring that temperature variations won't put parts out of tolerance.
- Reviews and presents metals and heat-treating with emphasis on aspects most important to machining.
- Presents checklists containing considerations involved, the steps and functions required, and the most appropriate sequences.
- Includes a checklist of stock and the steps involved, along with a review of both basic machining steps and the axes and other factors pertinent to N/C control and operation needed to complete the program.
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (click here to download the free Adobe Reader). The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, the CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader.
Published: June, 2005