AWWA-64338 2008 Pipe Profile Series: 5-DVD Set
The Pipe Profile Series DVDs demonstrate efficient, effective training for water distribution system workers in specific characteristics and installation practices of the major water pipe materials in use today. Save more than $100 when you buy the five-DVD set.
The Pipe Profile Series DVDs: an efficient, effective way to train water distribution system operators in specific characteristics and installation practices of major water pipe materials in use today. Save a lot by buying the whole set, however the videos are also availiable individually.
The Pipe Profile Series consists of five DVDs:
1. Concrete Pressure Pipe, No. 64333
2. Ductile-Iron Pipe, No. 64334
3. Polyethylene (PE) Pipe, No. 64335
4. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe, No. 64336
5. Steel Pipe, No. 64337
The Pipe Profile Series provides basic operational information
about the most commonly used types of water pipe in the US and
around the world. They are ideal to help trainees become
productive -- and work safely --quickly.
Each DVD illustrates the characteristics of one type of pipe, covering
• Advantages, disadvantages, and concerns
• Thermal effects and weathering
• Guideline for proper transportation, receiving, unloading, inspection, and storage
• Working characteristics
• Basic installation procedures and considerations
• Bedding and backfill requirements
• Basic pipe repair
• Maintenance, testing, and record-keeping
All information in the Pipe Profile Series is based on related AWWA Standards and AWWA
Manuals of Water Supply Practices--your assurance of current, water industry-approved
information. 20 minutes approximate running time per DVD.