AWWA-60136 2014 Large Water and Wastewater Utilities: Compensation Survey
Salaries, salary ranges, and compensation practices in the water and wastewater utility industry. Large Utilities for over 100,000 population.
The 2014 AWWA Compensation Survey: Large Water and
Wastewater Utilities provides data and analysis of salaries, salary ranges, and
compensation practices in the water utility industry. The Large Utility Version
provides data for water and wastewater utilities serving populations of more
• Salaries are reported for 63 water and wastewater utility positions from top executive to entry-level operator.
• Salary data are organized by type of ownership or management, population size, and total number of employees. This allows you to compare your utility’s salaries to those of similar utilities.
• Salary range minimum, mid-point, and maximum levels are given for each position, as well as 50th percentile, company weighted average pay, and employee weighted average pay.
• Job descriptions are provided for each position, so you can compare similar jobs even if you use different titles.
• Recent changes to overall staffing levels, workplace policies, and cost control initiatives are reviewed.
• Salary data is summarized for all participants, water-only participants, and water and wastewater participants.
Over 500 utilities participated in the 2014 survey, supplying
data for more than 14,000 employees. Verisight, Inc. provided the survey data.
Do your own custom sorts for individual analyses. The book includes a CD-ROM that contains an Excel file with aggregated survey data, a copy of the book in color PDF format for easy extraction of pages for presentations or reports, and a copy of the original survey questions.