AWWA-60132 Water Utility Compensation Survey, Small and Medium-sized Utilities
The 2013 AWWA Water Utility Compensation Survey--Small and Medium Utility Version provides data and analysis of salaries, salary ranges, and compensation practices in the water utility industry. This version provides data for water and wastewater utilities serving under 100,000 population.
• Salaries are reported for 45 water and wastewater utility positions from top executive to entry-level operator.
• Salary data are organized by type of ownership or management, population size, and total number of employees. This allows you to compare your utility’s salaries to those of similar utilities.
• Salary range minimum, mid-point, and maximum levels are given for each position, as well as 50th percentile, company weighted average pay, and employee weighted average pay.
• Job descriptions are provided for each position, so you can compare similar jobs even if you use different titles.
• Recent changes to overall staffing levels, workplace policies, and cost control initiatives are reviewed.
• Salary data is summarized for all participants, water-only participants, and water and wastewater participants.
Over 600 utilities participated in the 2013 survey, supplying data for more than 14,000 employees. Verisight, Inc. provided the survey data.