AWWA-1956 WSO: Water Treatment, Fourth Edition
WSO: Water Treatment, Fourth Edition, teaches the methods and technologies of potable water treatment processes.
Part two of the five-part Principles and Practices of Water Supply Operations (WSO) series, the book covers all topics of drinking water treatment: source water quality, conventional treatment processes and chemicals, membrane treatment, finished water quality, and drinking water regulations. Chapters discuss specific treatment processes in detail. The text also examines common operating problems and suggests solutions to ensure water quality. Heavily illustrated. Includes supplemental reading lists, glossary, and index.
Table of Contents
1. Water Treatment Processes
2. Treatment of Water at the Source
3. Preliminary Treatment
4. Coagulation and Flocculation
5. Sedimentation Basins and Clarifiers
9. Control of Corrosion and Scaling
10. Iron and Manganese Control
11. Lime Softening
12. Ion Exchange
15. Membrane Processes
16. Water Treatment Plant Residuals
17.Treatment Plant Instrumentation and Control