ASQ-P1540-2013 Simply Managing
Henry Mintzberg appreciates that managers are busy people. So he has taken his classic book Managing, done some updating, and distilled its essence into a lean 176 pages of text.
The essence of the book remains the same: what Mintzberg learned from observing twenty-nine managers in settings ranging from a refugee camp to a symphony orchestra. Simply Managing considers the intense dynamics of this job as well as its inescapable conundrums, for example:
- How is anyone supposed to think, let alone think ahead, in this frenetic job?
- Are leaders really more important than managers?
- Where has all the judgment gone?
- Is email destroying management practice?
- How can managers connect when their job disconnects them from what they are managing?
- Henry Mintzberg
- 216 pages
- Item Number: P1540
- ISBN: 9781609949235