ASQ-P1423-2008 Root Cause Analysis Handbook, Third Edition
The third edition of this global classic is the most comprehensive, all-in-one package of book, downloadable resources, color-coded RCA map, and online resources currently available for Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Called by users “the best resource on the subject” and “in a league of its own."
The package offers the unique breadth, depth and practicality that can only come from six authors with 125+ years of combined international RCA consulting experience. It presents a globally successful, proprietary methodology developed by an international consulting firm with 50 years’ experience in 35 countries. Reach for it anytime you need field-tested advice for investigating, categorizing, reporting and trending, and ultimately eliminating the root causes of incidents with quality, reliability, environmental, health, safety, and production-process impacts.
The total package includes:
- 300-page Handbook focusing on rigorous application of structured techniques for both apparent cause analyses and root cause analyses. It includes step-by-step instructions, checklists, and forms for performing an analysis and enables users to effectively incorporate the methodology and apply it to a variety of situations. There are numerous incident, facility and industry-specific examples plus 120+ figures and tables.
- Downloadable Resources Toolkit, including examples of cause and effect Trees and a sample template; examples of cause and effect Timelines and a sample template; toolkits for Investigating, Data Gathering, Data Analysis, etc.; plentiful forms and checklists; field-tested toolkit ABS Consulting uses in its projects that you can adapt for your own RCA/incident investigation program; and a resource list of recommended books, websites, organizations, etc.
- Root Cause Map (full color-coded wall chart 17” x 22”)—a powerful tool for staff to use in identifying and coding root causes.
- Licensed access to ABS Consulting website for an abundant collection of articles, up to date examples, charts, forms, etc.
- ABS Consulting, Lee N. Vanden Heuvel, Donald K. Lorenzo, and James J. Rooney, etal.
- 300 pages
- Item Number: P1423
- ISBN: 9781931332514