ASM-06957G-14A ASM Handbook Volume 14A: Metalworking: Bulk Forming
Volume 14A is an indispensable reference for manufacturing, materials, and design engineers. It provides comprehensive coverage and essential technical information on the process-design relationships that are needed to select and control metalworking operations that produce shapes from forging, extrusion, drawing and rolling operations. This engineering reference book is an invaluable reference resource for process and production engineers and industrial (shop-floor) personnel in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries, as well as for students of metal forming. In-depth discussion of forming equipment, processes, materials, and advanced modeling techniques make it a substantially new updated ASM Handbook.
Some of the new topics and coverage include:
* Innovations with forming processes such as equal-channel angular extrusion and advanced roll-forming techniques
* Forming of special-purpose materials such as intermetallic alloys and composites)
* Discussion of advanced thermomechanical processes for both ferrous and non-ferrous alloys
* New articles dealing with process and material-behavior models, process optimization, and the properties of workpiece and die materials
Includes: Introduction, Forging Equipment, Forging Processes, Cold Heading and Cold Extrusion, Other Bulk Forming Processes, Forging of Steels and Heat-Resistant Alloys, Forging of Nonferrous Metals, Evaluation of Workability, Modeling and Computer Aided Process Design for Bulk Forming, Reference Information.
- Publisher: ASM International
- Published: 2005
- Pages: 888
- ISBN: 9780871707086
Editor: S.L. Semiatin | Hardcover | Product code: 06957G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-708-6