ASM's comprehensive reference work on the mechanical characteristics and testing of metals, plastics, ceramics, and composites.
KEY FEATURES: ASM Handbook Volume 8: Mechanical Testing and Evaluation, describes the basics of mechanical behavior with in-depth coverage on testing methods for metals, plastics, ceramics and composites. Articles describe the purpose, equipment, fixturing, data evaluation, and typical applications for standard and emerging mechanical tests. Comparative mechanical properties and the mechanical characteristics of metals, plastics, and ceramics are included throughout for general reference. Updated references to ISO, ASTM, DIN, EN, JIS and other standards are also included throughout for metals, plastics, ceramics, and composites.
DESCRIPTION: This revised and comprehensive ASM Handbook contains over 50 all-new articles plus newly revised updates on standard test methods for tensile, compressive, shear, hardness, creep, fatigue, and fracture-toughness properties. Expanded coverage also includes new articles on surface wear testing, adhesion testing, nanomechanical testing, Hopkinson bar techniques, dynamic indentation testing, fatigue testing, residual-stress measurements, and extensive new coverage on the mechanical testing of engineering components such as gears, bearings, fasteners, adhesive-bonded joints, piping, and welds.
MARKET/AUDIENCE: All engineers and technical professionals who are involved in the mechanical testing and evaluation of metallic and nonmetallic materials.
- Introduction to the Mechanical Behavior of Metals and Nonmetallic Materials
- Mechanical Testing of Polymers and Ceramics
- Mechanical Properties and Testing for Design
- Mechanical Testing for Metalworking Processes
- Testing Machines and Strain Sensors
- Accreditation of Mechanical-Testing Laboratories
- Tension, Compression, Bend, and Shear Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Friction, Wear, and Surface Testing
- Creep and Stress-Relaxation Testing
- High-Strain-Rate Testing
- Impact-Toughness Testing and Fracture Mechanics
- Fatigue Testing
- Component Testing
- Property-Comparison Tables
- Glossary of Terms
Publisher: ASM International
Editor: H. Kuhn and D. Medlin | Hardcover | Product code: 06772G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-389-7