ASM-06481G-V29-1997 ASM Handbook Volume 20: Materials Selection and Design
ASM Handbook, Volume 20: Materials Selection and Design fills the need for a fundamental engineering reference work that bridges the gap between design and materials engineering. It is a comprehensive reference on the basic concepts, methodologies, and information sources dealing with materials selection and its integration with engineering design processes.
Contents include contributions from 100+ experts from industry and universities involved with design, materials selection, and manufacturing, lead by Volume Editor George E. Dieter, University of Maryland.
- Discusses conceptual and configuration design of products and assemblies
- Provides specific design/materials selection situations (such as designing for fatigue resistance, fracture toughness, corrosion and wear resistance, etc.)
- Contains manufacturing aspects of design including effects of processing/manufacturing on materials and their influence on the design and materials selection process
- Addresses metals, ceramics, polymers, and composites
- Provides many case histories and examples
Publisher: ASM International
Published: January 01, 1997
Editor: George E. Dieter | Hardcover | Product code: 06481G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-386-6
ASNT-1531-PK Personnel Training Publications: Radiographic Testing (RT) Programmed Instruction Series
ASNT-4002EQ UT Flawed Specimen Kit