ASM-05115G-V15 ASM Handbook Volume 15: Casting
- Melt processing methods and equipment are described for iron, steel, and aluminum in terms of fluxing, degassing, molten metal filtration, refinement, and modification.
- Solidification, process modeling, and filling and feeding concepts are updated to reflect the continuing improvements in casting methods and processing.
- The major methods of green-sand, no-bake, and shell molding are described further in individual articles. Additional articles are devoted to the foundry practice of cast iron irons, steels, aluminum, copper alloys, and zinc. Expert updates are also provided on many other significant casting methods such as high-pressure die casting, lost-foam, squeeze casting, semisolid methods, spray casting, rapid solidification, and low-pressure die casting of high-integrity product.
- Automation technology is addressed, and coverage on continuous casting of aluminum and copper are expanded.
- Updated articles are also provided on the specification, selection, and properties of gray iron, ductile irons, malleable irons, compacted graphite irons, high-alloy irons, cast steels, aluminum, copper, zinc, magnesium, cobalt, nickel, titanium, zirconium, and cast metal matrix composites.
Hardcover | Product code: 05115G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-711-6
ASNT-1531-PK Personnel Training Publications: Radiographic Testing (RT) Programmed Instruction Series
ASNT-4002EQ UT Flawed Specimen Kit