ASCE-41337 - Geo-Shanghai 2014
Edited by Wenqi Ding, Lianyang Zhang, Xiaojun Li, and Xiong Zhang
Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) Geotechnical Special Publication (GSP) 236-243 - 2014 / 4036 pp. / CD-ROM
Proceedings of the Geo-Shanghai 2014 International Conference, held in Shanghai, China, May 26-28, 2014. Sponsored by the Geo-Institute of ASCE.
These eight Geotechnical Special Publications contain 410 papers on a broad range of geotechnical engineering topics including soil dynamics, rock mechanics, ground improvement, and tunneling and underground construction.
The collections includes the following GSPs:
- GSP 236, Soil Behavior and Geomechanics, contains 81 technical papers on recent advances in unsaturated soil mechanics, experimental study of soil behavior, and constitutive, numerical, and multi-scale modeling of oil behavior.
- GSP 237, Rock Mechanics and Its Applications in Civil, Mining, and Petroleum Engineering, contains 24 technical papers on recent advances in rock mechanics and its applications.
- GSP 238, Ground Improvement and Geosynthetics, contains 54 technical papers on pile/column technology as foundation or embankment support, chemical, electrical or biological technology for soil stabilization, ground improvement with other technology, geosynthetic reinforcement for roads, slopes, walls, and foundations, and geosynthetics for other applications, such as the use of geofoam.
- GSP 239, Pavement Materials, Structures, and Performance, contains 42 technical papers on paving material characterization and modeling, pavement evaluation, analysis, and construction, and pavement base and subgrade.
- GSP 240, Advances in Soil Dynamics and Foundation Engineering, contains 61 technical papers on soil dynamics, deep foundations, and shallow foundations, retaining walls, and slopes.
- GSP 241, Geoenvironmental Engineering, contains 25 technical papers on latest developments in geoenvironmental remediation, municipal solid waste properties and behavior, landfills, and characterization and beneficial reuse of waste and recycled materials.
- GSP 242, Tunneling and Underground Construction, contains 99 technical papers on latest developments in research and practical applications in tunneling, deep excavations, retaining structures, drilled shafts, and ground improvement.
- GSP 243, New Frontiers in Geotechnical Engineering, contains 22 technical papers on on beahvoir of biotreated geomaterials and foundations, energy-related geotechnics, and sustainability, geoinformatics, and case studies.
These papers will be of interest to practitioners, researchers, students, and policymakers working in the area of geotechnical engineering.
Stock No. 41337 / ISBN: 9780784413371