NFPA-601-2015: Standard for Security Services in Fire Loss Prevention
Apply NFPA 601 to ensure personnel are qualified for the job.
NFPA 601: Standard for Security Services in Fire Loss Prevention provides requirements to assist management in defining the requirements, duties, and training of security personnel who perform fire loss prevention duties.
Three categories of security services are covered:
- Protection of the property
- Access and egress control
- Carrying out procedures for the orderly conduct of various operations at the property
The Standard incorporates the most up-to-date:
- Requirements relating to the duties of security officers
- Requirements for fire protection functions
- Reporting and communications requirements
- Security officer selection and conduct requirements
- Training and site specific knowledge requirements for security officers