NFPA-914-2010: Code for Fire Protection of Historic Structures
Maximize fire protection, fire safety, and security in historic buildings with the 2010 NFPA 914.
Protect historic buildings and historic sites--along with everyone who operates, uses, and visits them -- with the latest requirements for fire protection and fire prevention in NFPA 914: Code for Fire Protection of Historic Structures. Provisions of this essential document acknowledge the need to preserve the historic character of these unique occupancies while providing the necessary level of life safety and fire protection.
Additions and technical changes provide more comprehensive support.
Apply the 2010 edition to improve or upgrade the fire protection features in a wide range of historic buildings, and address ongoing operations as well as renovation, and restoration projects. Make sure you're up-to-date on important technical changes, including:
- Survey forms for conducting arson vulnerability assessments
- Guidance on the implementation of operational controls
- Provisions for the use of arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) to protect electrical circuits
- Wildfire protection criteria
- Criteria for determining contractor qualifications
- Inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements for premises security systems
- Criteria for special event protection and security
- New annex containing historic building fire case studies
- New annex addressing protection of historic districts
- New annex containing security system provisions
Order your copy of the 2010 NFPA 914 today and equip yourself with the knowledge to confidently evaluate the fire and life safety features of historic buildings, and to develop and implement an effective plan of action. (Softbound, 251 pp., 2010)